The one-liner is the distilled essence of a medical case. It packs relevant history, lab values, and individual assessment into a single, concise sentence. My question: why limit it to medicine? Can you figure out which fictional characters the following one liners describe? (answers below)
1) 13 y/o male with a history of forehead dermatitis who presents to a British castle with myopia.
2) 40 y/o male with history of heavy alcohol use (1 L of rum per day) and being cursed with the inability to die who presents to Tortuga looking for pirates and more alcohol.
3) 58 y/o male with history of murdering people for political gain, high risk sexual practices, and giving creepy soliloquies who presents w/ recurrent nightmares and marital discord.
4) 30 y/o G1P0 from Naboo with history of elaborate dressing and being completely duped by a sith lord who presents at 39 weeks for induction of labor by a robot.
5) 2,019 y/o wizard with history of osteoarthritis and schizotypal personality traits who presents with an acute paranoia relating to jewelry.
6) 39 y/o male with history of childhood trauma, dissociative identity disorder, and affluenza who presents with mysterious bruises and scrapes he got “while working out” //// 39 y/o male with history of kicking everyone’s ass who presents with hoarseness and acute laryngeal edema.
7) 9 month old bilingual Pacific Regal Blue Tang with a history of irrepressible optimism who presents with recurrent bouts of amnestic fugue.
8) 54 year old evil medical professional with a history of alopecia areata and diabolical scheming who presents for psychodynamic group therapy after confessing homicidal thoughts towards his son, Scott.
9) 40 year old ogre with a history of acromegaly and depression who presents with severe jaundice.
10) 28 year old male with a history of watching the girl he loves be hit on by best friends/future arch-rivals who presents with total body hirsutism and leaky wrist discharge.
11) 47 year old imperial officer with a history of thinking that Vader’s commitment to the force is a “sad devotion to [that] ancient religion” who presents with acute respiratory failure from asphyxiation.
12) 43 year old archaeologist with a history of confirming Judeo-christian theology and killing nazis who presents with an erythematous forearm rash after an aberrant whip recoil.
13) 21 year old snow queen with history of heat intolerance and Raynaud’s syndrome who presents with cough, nasal congestion, and chills after blanketing her surroundings in a permanent winter.
14) 27 year old female with family history of incest and preternatural leadership abilities who presents to clinic inquiring about vaccinations for her three pet reptiles.
15) 36 year old eccentric male billionaire with history of heart transplant and hemochromatosis who presents for biannual pacemaker interrogation.
- Harry Potter
- Jack Sparrow
- Frank Underwood
- Queen Amidala
- Bruce Wayne /// Batman
- Dr. Evil
- Peter Parker
- That guy from Star Wars Episode IV who thinks it’s a good idea to question Vader’s methods about returning the stolen data tapes
- Indiana Jones
- Elsa of Arrendale
- Daenerys Targaryen
- Tony Stark